Spiga

The Artist who paints with bugs



He is the artist who paints without putting brush to canvas.
Instead, Steven Kutcher uses moths, beetles, spiders, flies, honey bees, butterflies, grasshoppers - and even Hissing Cockroaches from Madagascar.

He dips the insects in paint, places them on a blank canvas and lets their movement create a string of colourful paintings.


Mr Kutcher, 63, uses insects as living paintbrushes, guiding them by using their reaction to light or simply letting them wriggle at will.



He said: "I'll take a bug in my hand and, leg by leg, load the paint on to each leg. Then I put them on to the canvas and off they go, leaving a tiny trail of coloured footprints in their wake.

"I can switch colours and even insects to create the effect I am looking for.

"If a bug is sensitive to light, I can influence its movement on the canvas by controlling the lighting.

"Insects have different footprints and behaviours so I use both my entomological and artistic knowledge to create fine works of art."

See Video at Youtube



Long Beach with Mo interview with Steven Kutcher "The Bugman" entamologist for spiderman aracnaphobia the exorcist and many more movies

Source : Dailymail

0 comments: